Thursday, June 4, 2009

More painting: door and chip tray

I've been busy with work and have not gotten as much done lately. I did get another coat of paint on the bottom of the chip tray and the tailstock pedestal door. That door has been my nemesis for some reason. It's the only place I've had problems with paint wanting to wrinkle on me, always when putting the clear coat on. I had to really sand down to remove a bad coat, so I'm giving it extra time between coats. This is hopefully the last pass of the almond. I can't get back to this until Sunday, so that gives it a few days to ensure the almond is completely dry before I try the clear again.

I'm also starting to look at assembling the pedestals. I bought new pads from Enco and I'll try to get them installed pretty soon. I also have a nice piece of mahogany left over that I plan to use for the tailstock pedestal shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment