Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A new home

Neil and I moved the lathe bed to the basement tonight. It's sitting next to the base right now on the hydraulic lift table. Next projects include mounting the name plate, shining up the metal, and mounting other items such as the rack and risers. Then I'll figure out a way to drop it onto the bed and screw this all together again.

That hydraulic lift table is one of the best purchases I have made recently. I mainly got it to lift projects I'm working on so I don't have to lift them always by hand, and that has been very useful in this project. It's a 1000lb table, so I can actually lift the whole lathe and move it with it later on, though I'll have to make something to lift it by the bed, not the chip tray. Future project.

No comments:

Post a Comment