Thursday, May 14, 2009

Painting, painting, painting, and the chip tray

I'm working my way up from the floor. The pedestals are both in the painting process. I'm painting, wet sanding, painting, wet sanding and finally will clear coat. It takes a while, but each pass looks nicer. While waiting for paint to dry I'm starting in on the chip tray. It was caked with grime when I got it, but is now down to bare metal everywhere. I'm using body filler to fillet the rough welds under the headstock so they will be easier to clean later. There's a few minor scratches I took care of and only a couple of dents. The rail is very rough so I'm using filler to smooth it out. This is before any sanding. I bent the end a bit dismantling, but have hammered that back flat already.

No comments:

Post a Comment