Monday, May 4, 2009

Teardown

You may wonder about the dates. I started this blog a couple weeks after I got the lathe, so I'm catching up right now.

I've taking it all apart, which has been fun. I'm taking lots of pictures and bagging the small parts and labeling them so I hopefully can get it all back together. The inside of the headstock is very clean and in great condition. No wear on any of the gears that I can see. Compared to my Chinese 9x20, this sucker is built! Everything is larger and well design and fits like a glove.

It's been fascinating to take something that weights more than half a ton and reduce it to parts that I can carry around myself! Well, maybe not the bed, but I can lift one side of it no problem, so it can't weigh that much. I'm going to stick a scale under it soon just to get an idea what it does weigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment