Friday, July 17, 2009

Clausing badge

These are the two Clausing labels for the headstock pedestal. The one on the right came with the lathe. The one of the left I bought on eBay for about $10. It's from a later 5914 and I think the casting is much nicer so I'm going to use it, but I decided to paint both since I may find a use for the other one somewhere. The paint is Rust-Oleum Cherry Red, which I think is a pretty close match to the red that was on the left label which I think was original. The label that came with the lathe had been painted over long ago.

I picked up a Royal 5C collet closer on eBay and it arrived yesterday. It's not exactly for this lathe, so the tube is long and it was missing what Royal calls a rear end spindle adapter, which is custom for a particular lathe model, anyway. But, as it turns out the lathe came with that particular part. It was one of those mystery parts that I could not see a purpose for before. I'll just cut the tube to length when the lathe is back running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment