Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chip tray starting to shine

Last night I tried some sanding on the chip tray and was having problems with sanding through the paint, so I fixed those spots and shot on a few more coats of clear. This really smoothed the surface out and I was able to wet sand it to 1500 grit today just fine. I also did the rubbing compound, but was too tired to move to the polish. You can see it's starting to shine a bit.

I also clean up those bed ports that messed up and shot on some more paint. Hopefully I can finish the bed painting in the next few days. Then, I can start putting the thing back together in the basement. There will be lots of work from there. I'm going to get the bed in place, then move on to the saddle and apron, then the headstock. One thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment